News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

4 pieces Medal Bar - Opinion

Hello People,

I bought this medal bar in the last month. In the pictures, it looks like good for me. But, when I received it, I have doubt. The KVK2 and Ostmedaille looks strange for me. The swastica of the KVK2 is very fat and the ring is strange. The Ost have the MM10 in the ring. The metal of the Ost is very very light. I don't know... Opinions are importants for me...

Regards,

William Schmidt

fcuwe1.jpg

The details on east medal look good and the bar construction appears neat from these pictures (medals/crosses are mounted on different heights of the bar, so they are even at the bottom) - these are good signs. Can you post some pictures of the whole bar, and reverse? About light medal: there were some german medals (mostly imperial) made in "lighter" version for medal bars and this can be the case - but I didn't find an approval (yet) in my references that was also the case with east medal. Maybe b/c it's quite "humble" decoration and researches don't really bother with it. :speechless:

I don't see anything wrong with this bar... About the KVK - there were many manufacturers hence the difference in swastikas; and this decoration is so common it's not realy worth faking in good quality. What do the others think?

Edited by Valter

I don't see anything wrong with this bar... About the KVK - there were many manufacturers hence the difference in swastikas; and this decoration is so common it's not realy worth faking in good quality. What do the others think?

Having looked at some fakes i think both KVKs posted are original but made by two different makers.

Here is an example of a "high-quality replica". :sleep: Looks good in the photos...but i used to own one of these and if you put it next to an original there is a lot of difference. ;)

Best wishes

Matt

Edited by M Hunter