News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Started out for the golf course...

Hello Everyone,

We started out for the golf course this morning and ended up at one of the local antiques malls, I can't really explain that one myself. :rolleyes:

Anyway while there I spotted this TR wound badge and thought it would look good in my collection. It was a black badge back in the day but has seen a lot of wear. I tend to like my TR stuff to look like they have seen some action or at least look think they have been awarded and worn.

Before I made this post I checked out the "GMIC Project" area and found one that looks just like it, though that one is in nicer condition. Going by this I am confident it is not a reproduction, however, as always I do welcome comments and opinions.

If this is indeed an original then it has seen a lot of wear. I like how the swastika stands out so plainly.

I hope you like it.

Regards

Brian

Here is the back of the badge. As can be seen this has been a stamped piece made out of sheet metal and not minted or cast like a medal. I'm not sure which would be the earliest pieces and I hope someone will comment on this. The outer edges have a layer of grunge that would be expected to have come from a uniform along with any dust or dirt that may have been in the air. The pin is blunt and the attachments are the same as the example I found on the GMIC.

Today was the best day of golf I've never had!

Thanks for taking a look.

Regards

Brian

Hello Brian

This looks like a nice original badge with that "been there" look/feel. :cheers:

Congratulations on getting this "hole in one"! :rolleyes::whistle: (Sorry, that's the best pun I can think of right now):blush:

Matt

Edited by M Hunter