News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What is this Tunic?

hunyadi

Hi, I've seen it as well.

In the firts moment I was astonished, but.....

With more close lookd of the details it is definitively NOT KuK (on my opinion) in spite of having sign of an Austrian producer.

details on the sleeves and details of the loops aren't exactly KuK

In addition, feldmarschal rank never exist on husar's blouse.

On my opinion, belgium or English. These are ot my area, so I'm not sure.

But as I'me mentioned, on the first glance....

I was pretty astonished as well - but the more Ilooked at it I could only come to the conclusion that it may be a theatre produced piece - possibly from Vienna - the British connection is certainly plausable as the seller stated he got it from a Brisith military family. However there are so many elements of KUK, Brisitsh and perhaps many other nations that it may have started out as Austrian but was butchered in the years gone by - the loops for all the awaards - the shoulde boards.... its just a mess.

Hi,

It might be an theater piece, but blouse has excelent inner finish as well, which is not common with theater pieces.

Otherwise, I agrre with all you've said.

It might be made for English military person in Vienna, or a KuK high ranking officer with a honorary rank in British army, so many KuK elements are involved,

as Viennese tailors were used to.

P.