News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new Belgium medal

Noor

Hi all,

Here is my new Belgium medal - Commemorative Medal for 1870-1871.

I really like it, especially because it is with the original ribbon and this little pite from that don't worrie me:cheeky: .

What was biggest suprise, was the fact that the Belgium troops were ready in the French border in order to enter to the war in Prussian side:unsure: Thats what I like about ODMs - you can learn something new each day and I surely did it today!:cheers:

1665651586529e_o.jpg

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Here is one interesting Belgium medal, what I picked up yesterday. I know only that it is Queen's Elisabeth medal 1914-1916. I haven't seen many them around, so I presume it is not the most common award?

175278597cc2e3_l.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my yesterday's find!

Belgium Civic Decoration.

Don't know much about it but as far I read now, mine is awarded for long and distinguished service in the administration (red with the black stripes.

Is it 2nd class cross like I presume? From what period this piece would be... is it king Albert's chiper on the obverse (in this case is this piece from 1909-1934 period) Like I understand 1914-1918 period cross had swords instead?

17673971359356_l.jpg

Edited by Noor

" From what period this piece would be... is it king Albert's chiper on the obverse (in this case is this piece from 1909-1934 period) "

the chiper is always on the front and back but this is a older one because there is a lot of detail i the medal , this is a nice one .

"Like I understand 1914-1918 period cross had swords instead?"

The medals with swords on are a other medal and not for service in the administration

in belgium these medals or the administration are not so expensive , outside belgium ??

17673971359356_l.jpg