News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Keksgolm Regimental Badge

Chuck In Oregon

This is the badge of the Keksgolm Life Guards Infantry Regiment, dating from the period 1913-1914 according to my sources. However, it does not appear in the reference books that I own. Perhaps it does in yours.

Avers is inconsistent with the translation of "лейб-гвардии" and I'm not so sure that "Life Guard" is exactly accurate, but it will have to do for now. It might actually be the Keksgolm Regiment of the Imperial Guard. I admit to being confused about this.

The badge is silver with white enamel and a gold emblem. It is proofed and maker marked. There is a small mark on the screwplate but no proof. It appears to be plated bronze. Weight without the screwplate is 9.72 grams.

I was not familiar with Keksgolm until I googled it. There is a pretty good and concise history at http://www.towns.ru/towns/priozersk_e.html .

This is one of several interesting items that I received yesterday.

Enjoy.

Chuck

My book shows it as The Badge of the Life Guards Kexholmsky Regiment, or the Kexholm Regiment

Not an easy one to find.. :beer:

George

Your book is consistent with what my Georgian friend told me. He is an historian and quite reliable.

Are you referring to the same book you told me about before? I've got to get some more reference books.

Thanks, George.

Chuck