Himself, wearing the egg on M1947 gimnastyorka:

[attachmentid=22353]

And himself at HQ in M1947 uniform, wearing some sort of "officer of the day" (?) armband at his desk:

[attachmentid=22354]

How neat is THAT? How often do we get Native Environment photos like this?

The cover of his Honored MVD badge Award Book:

[attachmentid=22355]

Makarov's police long service medals award booklet: nothing odd about the initial 1959 bestowal of his 15 years medal

[attachmentid=23196]

but his 20 on the right hand page shows authorized as of 1965-- yet that entry is dated... 1970!!!

And here is a 1985 photo ID (in police uniform though surely long retired) as a war veteran. The stamp second from top on the right hand page certifies that from THIS he was thereby authorized for a jubilee OPW2! (I've got similar 1985 stamps on such things as a Victory Over Germany award booklet etc)

[attachmentid=23197]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhkay then. NOBODY caught the "shaved ring" typical of 1946-47... being handed out in... 1955! :speechless1: Nicely rounded and not the usual sideways "D" but that type nonetheless.

And oddly enough, I have in my paws today another "shaved circle" MVD/Police MMM... with book dated 1951 and ... no serial number. Of course no serial number-- in 1951! But on a 1946 type medal?

Which is why Comrade Makarov's has THIS as Quite The Surprise on back of HIS, above:

[attachmentid=25421]

Yup, "1" stamped over "18"

[attachmentid=25423]

:ninja::rolleyes: