News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Split up medal & ribbon bar group

Gentlemen,

This little ribbon bar has been split up from the medal bar and miniature chain (eBay photos below). :speechless:

I would love to reunite them in my collection. But for now they are united here on GMIC. :jumping:

I find this an interesting grouping. It is possible that this is not an Officer's ribbon bar as all of these awards could have been awarded to the lower ranks. Am I correct in saying that?

What sort of person/rank could have worn this ribbon bar?

Thank you

Matt

post-7527-052168500 1292276452_thumb.jpg

Saw that interresting group before; pitty it got split up.

I wish RR was still here to interpret it. I tend to think it might well be an officer's bar, as there is no long service award on it. An EM/NCO would get it for nine years of service, and war service counts twice. So a EM/NCO who possibly served before WW1 his usual two or three years of service and then served some years of WW1, would have gotten it - while a officer needed 25 years! An officer is more liely. None of these awards was limited to a certain rank, so no intention here.

I'm having a ribon bar for years, that is that close, I have doubts it is someone else's. The WW1 awards almost match, the non-official were not allowed to be worn. Just one different ribbon, that might be a mistake...

If you agree and want to re-unite at least these, please PM me. It's not a bar I cannot give away.

:cheers:

post-1172-085936500 1292351400_thumb.jpg

post-1172-011095500 1292351408_thumb.jpg

Saw that interresting group before; pitty it got split up.

I wish RR was still here to interpret it. I tend to think it might well be an officer's bar, as there is no long service award on it. An EM/NCO would get it for nine years of service, and war service counts twice. So a EM/NCO who possibly served before WW1 his usual two or three years of service and then served some years of WW1, would have gotten it - while a officer needed 25 years! An officer is more liely. None of these awards was limited to a certain rank, so no intention here.

I'm having a ribon bar for years, that is that close, I have doubts it is someone else's. The WW1 awards almost match, the non-official were not allowed to be worn. Just one different ribbon, that might be a mistake...

If you agree and want to re-unite at least these, please PM me. It's not a bar I cannot give away.

:cheers:

Hello Saschaw,

Thank you for your interpretation. That is a good point about the long service award for officers only after 25 years. This could be an Officer's group. :jumping:

Very nice ribbon bar. :cheers: Interesting that there is a wreath on the Saxon War Merit ribbon.

Thank you for your good wishes Irish Gunnar. :cheers:

Best wishes

Matt