News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just picked up today WW1 US Helmet & Breeches

army historian

Hello All, I just bought theses two US WW1 items. First a M1917 helmet with liner and chin strap (strap broken, but easy repair), also a set of brown cotton Ridding Breeches. I have not had a chance to clean these up or repair yet, fresh out of the bag. Cheers Captain Albert

post-8299-073302000 1293771409_thumb.jpg

post-8299-037852400 1293771424_thumb.jpg

post-8299-072348500 1293771437_thumb.jpg

Man but I wish our thrift store here in town would come up with goodies like this! Great finds!!!! beer.gif

Dan :cheers:

Thanks Hauptman, yes this little store (hole in the wall) has produced a light chocolate colored WW1 tunic, female Lt. Health Service uniform (complete), 2 - WW2 US Naval Lt. tunics to name a few. I don't usually list prices but in this case I got both for $50.00. A very good find. I have been trying to work with her, so she will let me know when she has something. She told me a "collector" thought that $40.00 for the helmet was too much. I found that a little surprising. He either did not have much money or was trying to get it for near nothing. I guess some people are in this only for the "kill". Here's hoping you have some luck in local finds. Cheers Captain Albert :cheers:

You're certainly getting great deals for sure! Congrats! beer.gif I've been on the lookout for a WW1 uniform or at least a tunic. Kim's grandfather enlisted as a Private, went to artillery officer's school in Camp Taylor Kentucky and came out a 2nd Lt. So actually in honor of him I'd love to find a Privates artillery tunic as well as an Officers for the Dental Corps which is what he was commissioned into as he was indeed a dentist.

I keep hoping something like these will pop out of the woodwork up here in an estate sale or something but in the meantime my main sources are GMIC, Ebay, friends at shows. So far I've not been able to find/get one. Now I have to wait for my $$ situation to get better but hoping that won't be much further in the future.

But keep us posted on these great finds! It just proves that things can still be found coming out of the woodwork and deals can still be had! beer.gif

Happy New Year! jumping.gifjumping.gif

Dan cheers.gif