News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some questions about the imperial ODMs

Hi,

This year my main task will be to learn and study. I would like to get information pieces and materials organised about the imperial Germany States and their awards in my study. Also maybe I am able to find some books and check more about the items what I have. I think it's the best way to prepear for a new start in the future:o .

Ok, I start with the Württemberg Friedrich Order. I found all what I was looking for about the Order classes but what about the merit medal?

Friedrichs Orden Verdienstmedaille

Like I understand, medal was established just 1892 and staid in use until 1918.

Is it more likelly civilian award for a merit (like the order was from 1830 until military division was established 1870)? I haven't spot it on the military personell medal bars anyway. If the army personel were entitled for that, was it enlisted personell award in this case only?

How many of these medals were awarded aprox? Regarding the short period and if the army didn't received them, then I presume this number can't be very large?

Who was K.Schwenzfr. - maker or designer of this medal?

I hope someone can help me!

Kind Regards,

Timo aka Noor

(picture from wikipedia)

Medaille_van_de_Frederiksorde_van_Wuertt

• 1 month later...