News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FL Military Model #1

Obergefreiter

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_01_2011/post-5758-0-11351600-1296065106.jpgI don't know how "rare" this is, since there were about 50,000 of them made. But it's the only one I have ever seen in my life, so it's certainly the most unique item in my collection.

Edited by Obergefreiter

What is it?

Best

Chris

It is a Friedrich Langenhan Military Model #1. Caliber 7.65mm. They were made for a couple years for the German military during WW1, but never made commercially after the war. It's my understanding that there were aprox. 50,000 of them made.

Edited by Obergefreiter

That is nice, I want a 7.65mm in an Iraqi Tariq but they are not allowed in the U.S. at this time. Canada has tons of them for sale under $500.00;(

Lorenzo

That is nice, I want a 7.65mm in an Iraqi Tariq but they are not allowed in the U.S. at this time. Canada has tons of them for sale under $500.00;(

Lorenzo

It is a very nice little piece. It's very tight, even after almost 100 years. But I'm thinking that that funky breachblock assembly was the kiss of death for it after the war.

Edited by Obergefreiter

It is a very nice little piece. It's very tight, even after almost 100 years. But I'm thinking that that funky breachblock assembly was the kiss of death for it after the war.

Well it still is a nice piece to have, maybe you can repair it??

Lorenzo

Well it still is a nice piece to have, maybe you can repair it??

Lorenzo

No, it doesn't need repairs. The thing was manufactured with the seperate breachblock assembly that you see. That setscrew that you see in the picture is what opens it up for cleaning & maintainance. I suspect that this particular piece of engineering was the kiss of death for it. You loose the screw and you don't have a gun; you have a nice paperweight.

No, it doesn't need repairs. The thing was manufactured with the seperate breachblock assembly that you see. That setscrew that you see in the picture is what opens it up for cleaning & maintainance. I suspect that this particular piece of engineering was the kiss of death for it. You loose the screw and you don't have a gun; you have a nice paperweight.

Losing the Screw would not be good; Guns are only good and fun to collect if they fire. I figure it would make a very nice paper weight on top of your desk to scare your visitors away if it had been missing the screw;)

Lorenzo