News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Translation help needed on two badges

2xvetran

Hello Bob or Owain, or anyone fluent in Arabic... I have two Iraqi badges here that I would really like translated. Perhaps the name badge is just that, but I would like to be certain. Thanks to all in advance.:cheers: Scott.

2076373420105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

The other...

2182414570105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Name plate made after the 2003 invasion name of Officer is Faraman AAbid Afeen Al-Giboori Above is written in Arabic.

Lorenzo

Thanks Windu and Lorenzo :D Scott.

Scott

This was a very nice Auction buy, I am glad it went to a good friend. I bought all the Iraqi Field Manuals the dealer was selling. I believe this set came with 2 medals and an Armor Badge.

Lorenzo

Scott

This was a very nice Auction buy, I am glad it went to a good friend. I bought all the Iraqi Field Manuals the dealer was selling. I believe this set came with 2 medals and an Armor Badge.

Lorenzo

Yes, it was the armor badge that I wanted. It was silver instead of being gilt, I put it next to the gilt one in my collection thread. The name badges and medals were just a bonus :P Scott.

Yes, it was the armor badge that I wanted. It was silver instead of being gilt, I put it next to the gilt one in my collection thread. The name badges and medals were just a bonus :P Scott.

Scott

Here is the image of the full group, lots of very nice Iraqi Relics well done :cheers:

Lorenzo

Thanks again, too bad the guy cheated me on the quarter, it wasn't in the package...:P Scott.

That stinks you could have saved 25 cents on the buy, did you get the other lot the dealer was selling with all the RG Insignia?

Lorenzo

That stinks you could have saved 25 cents on the buy, did you get the other lot the dealer was selling with all the RG Insignia?

Lorenzo

No, like I said I just wanted the silver armor badge as it was different than the usual gilt ones. The name badges are cool and the medals are all good, so I guess I am happy. :jumping: :jumping: Scott.

No, like I said I just wanted the silver armor badge as it was different than the usual gilt ones. The name badges are cool and the medals are all good, so I guess I am happy. :jumping: :jumping: Scott.

Scott

Can you post images of the reverse sides of both name plates I would like to see the mounting systems.

Thank you

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bob or Owain, or anyone fluent in Arabic... I have two Iraqi badges here that I would really like translated. Perhaps the name badge is just that, but I would like to be certain. Thanks to all in advance.:cheers: Scott.

2076373420105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Scott,

Your badge says:

d (deputy) o (officer) d (detachment) armor

Jaleem Kareem Rasheed

Bob

Name plate made after the 2003 invasion name of Officer is Faraman AAbid Afeen Al-Giboori Above is written in Arabic.

Lorenzo

Scott,

d (deputy) o (officer)

Farman A'id A'fain Al Juboori

Bob