News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police Patches

Craig

Over the years I have been given various patches from off duty Police on Holiday in the UK.

Always a bit of a problem as we have nothing official to give back though apparently the odd bit of Equipment has made its way to a foreign clime

The first up is from Montgomery County Maryland.

And finally a Patch from the French National Police. A group of French officers spent the day on patrol with us. At the end of the shift to thank us and with the full encouragement of there senior officers they tried to give us their Kepis. We were more that happy to swap these for our helmets but our senior officers wouldn't allow it so all we got were the patches.

• 1 month later...

And finally a Patch from the French National Police. A group of French officers spent the day on patrol with us. At the end of the shift to thank us and with the full encouragement of there senior officers they tried to give us their Kepis. We were more that happy to swap these for our helmets but our senior officers wouldn't allow it so all we got were the patches.

You offer a challenge that I have thought about posting for some time but believe the powers to be wouldn't allow me to use the space. I collect police department shoulder patches (civilian and military) and currently have a "world wide" collection consisting of 1600+ patches. Would REALLY like to share the images, but, as I said, I'm sure I wouldn't get the clearance to share all of them.

Anyway, Thanks for sharing. It's a GREAT hobby. Here are a couple of examples for your viewing pleasure:

BTW: If anybody has some extra patches they don't want laying around, drop me a line and let's see what we can do.

Ed

Craig - I missed these before - nice souvenirs and attractive designs. Pity about the Kepi though !

Ed - why don't you try about 10 to a picture - and show a few at a time ? I don't know much about space - but, why not ask Nick .

Hi Mervyn,

I may do that later (ask Nick).

Ed

Ed,

Please post them Im sure there are big collections out there and if we get a good response we can get the topic pinned.

best

Craig

Craig et all:

Give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can come up with. All my images are singles so I'll have to put some groupings together. Thanks for the encouragement. In the meantime, here is my home state police patch

Ed

• 5 weeks later...

This is the only one I have, but I think it's pretty hard to come by.

It's a shoulder patch for the Republic of Georgia's Ministry of Internal Affairs - the lettering at the top translates as "District Inspector."

• 6 years later...
    • 5 months later...

Hi from Australia.

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I intrude on you.

I am a retired South Australia Police Officer and over the years have collected many patches from all over the world.  Once I know what I am doing, I will post some pictures.

I just wanted to say Hi for now.

Tulls