News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen

Can anybody help me with some Research?

I bought a box of documents about six months ago and started going through them this weekend and found a Reunion Card for a WWII veteran. The Reunion Card was for I.SS Panzerkorps LAH. The man's name on it was Georg Lenz At the end, it stated somethng about him being awarded the Golden Honor Badge. Date was 28.6.1992.

I thought that it was complete junk until I found this link on the internet:

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-05-12/news/mn-18510_1_waffen-ss/2

He was quoted saying this: Georg Lenz, 68, a former lieutenant, said most of the veterans present had fought against the Russians in World War II.

"I crossed into Poland on Sept 1, 1939 (the day World War II started), and I fought until May 8, 1945 (when Germany surrendered)," Lenz said.

"I am very proud to have been a member . . . , grateful to have taken part in such wonderful event. These are all lies, we never carried out any massacres. We made one mistake, we should have been as cruel as people claim we were.

"All we want to do is sit down peacefully and talk about the old days, to meet buddies with whom we lay in dirt and who fought alongside each other."

I don't know much about WWII units, but since he was an officer, they may be some information on him. My computer is down right now, so I am over at a friends so I will provide pictures later. Does anyone have any information on him?

ostprussenmann