News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lippe Detmold and the Rheinland... what connection?

This looks to be a scarce Lippe Detmold official death certificate... but to a man of the IR69....

Can anyone figure out how that connection works??

No idea, Chris. I thought at first perhaps the Prince of Lippe-Detmold might have been the regimental chief, but he's not listed that way in the 1914 Rangliste. Maybe the guy was from Lippe-Detmold but somehow ended up in IR69.

Edited by Mike Dwyer

• 1 month later...

No idea, Chris. I thought at first perhaps the Prince of Lippe-Detmold might have been the regimental chief, but he's not listed that way in the 1914 Rangliste. Maybe the guy was from Lippe-Detmold but somehow ended up in IR69.

A late reply, but not too late :-)

This man was from Lippe-Detmold, as written on that document.

He was from "Ehrsen", a part of the town Bad Salzuflen, which is located in Lippe-Detmold.

And that´s the reason, why this certificate was prepared.

By the way, these certificates are very rare, I only know a 2nd one. :whistle:

I still don´t know for what these certificates were prepared...maybe for heroic deeds

and special honour.

Best regards

Roman

A late reply, but not too late :-)

This man was from Lippe-Detmold, as written on that document.

He was from "Ehrsen", a part of the town Bad Salzuflen, which is located in Lippe-Detmold.

And that´s the reason, why this certificate was prepared.

By the way, these certificates are very rare, I only know a 2nd one. :whistle:

I still don´t know for what these certificates were prepared...maybe for heroic deeds

and special honour.

Best regards

Roman

Hi,

So far I have nailed down Prussian, Soxan, Bavarian, Würt. death documents... from the wording on this it must be the Lippe-Detmold version... I was happy to find it :-))

Hi,

So far I have nailed down Prussian, Soxan, Bavarian, Würt. death documents... from the wording on this it must be the Lippe-Detmold version... I was happy to find it :-))

..not only from the wording...of course, it shows the war merit cross Lippe-Detmold, too.

And as far as I know, it is the only multi-colored document from Lippe-Detmold.

The other award documents have max. two colors (like the one for the war honour medal, which is green and black).

Best regards

Roman