News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pair of Golden Kites

drclaw

It took awhile, but these finally winged their way over to Australia.

1) A 6th Class Showa in almost pristine condition (rosette is in the case) from YJA. The case itself is in mint condition except for a small indentation on the front lid.

2) A 7th Class early Meiji, complete with bow rosette.

The ribbon and rosette has faded, and there is some damage to the base of the case. But a lovely piece given the history attached to it, and a lucky ebay find.

2) A 7th Class early Meiji, complete with bow rosette.

The ribbon and rosette has faded, and there is some damage to the base of the case. But a lovely piece given the history attached to it, and a lucky ebay find.

Great Order! excellent!

congratulations

:beer:

lambert

Thanks gents for the comments and encouragement.

The Meiji was a lucky ebay find - fuzzy photos, and I could vaguely make out that the third wing feather was the longest which I confirmed with the seller. Paul's article on dating Kites was extremely useful.

Now looking for a Meiji and Taisho 6th.

I hear you Brian on your Red Cross post: "Too many medals to buy, so little money" ...

Yeah, the YJA fees are not cheap.

There's a 3-4% banking fee to put money into your account, an 800 yen + 8% bid fee, then there's domestic / international shipping fees and re-packing fees. I keep topping up my account only to see it sink to deficit overnight ...

That said, I'm usually too excited when bidding on something to add up the various fees.

And the packages are so securely wrapped they could fall out of the back of a truck and bounce. I counted seven separate layers of protection for a package that arrived today!