News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice small California NG Group

Hello all, I just picked up this small California National Guard Group to "Erwin L. Geiger". He was a veteran of the 10th US Infantry - G and L Companies and the Band 1902-05. I have just started researching him. Not sure yet but it appears he served over 10 years in the California National Guard (c.1905-1917) in the Band of the 2th Infantry Regiment. What is very important about this group is the California 10 year Service Medal. It is a Type 1, Variety 2 medal on a solid medium Blue ribbon. I believe this is a transitional variety and I am calling the ribbon the "Style B" ribbon - therefore the later Blue and yellow - gold ribbon (pictured in center of scans) becomes the Style C ribbon. Enjoy - Cheers Captain Albert

Edited by army historian

Well after a lot of research, I believe Pte. Erwin L. Geiger served in Company H, of the 5th Infantry Regiment (Napa, CA). I also have managed to stop the fraying on the ribbon and made it presentable. Not an easy task. Cheers Captain Albert

Edited by army historian

• 1 year later...

Hello, Mr Army Historian! I am a member from Tokyo. Frankly speaking I have couple of questions regarding ww2 American medals, and has nothing to do with present topic. Do you mind asking? Very sorry also for entering in your topic, I must apologize for that firsthand.

• 1 month later...