News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

POST-WII MILITARY ACADEMY MEDAL PICTURE ?

The second medal is an American Legion School Award (for current criteria, see http://www.legion.org/documents/pdf/schoolaward.pdf)

I suspect the first medal is also an organizational award given to an outstanding student, but I can't see enough detail to be specific.

• 3 weeks later...

After rough translating the back of the photo it seems our young man is writing to relatives and explaining that he has not heard from them in a long time etc... he does mention that he has five medals, but cant recall what they are all for. I would guess by the age and the circumstances that his family probably escaped Hungary before the War - possibly for being Jewish - or possibly for other reasons - border disputes post WWI. Sorry thats about all I can add. Its interesting that this photo went from the USA to Hungary or Romania -

Great picture and some interesting info contained with it.

You have the guys name, including Family name, the fact that he way in the Chicago area.

Some type of Legion cadet, dated to 1949, I wonder if he went into the military

during the Korean War time.?

He writes on the front naming his Romanian.Hungarian relatives, Auntie Irene, Uncle Dumetrie, Cousin Raduie (?)

I wonder is it possible to do any form of online search in the USA about him.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers: