News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial EK2 mm "KO"

Hello,

I would like to hear your comments on this particular cross guys. I was looking over Dave's beautiful acquisition of 15 crosses and noticed that there are different cores that were put together in KO frames. Seeing that post got me thinking that the "4" in the 1914 on the CD cores are different and unfortunately is not the case with this one. It just strikes me as odd that this one seems unlike other "KO"'s in my collection. I welcome you thoughts.

Regards,

Joel

*Thanks Joe again for the ribbon and this is the one it will go on*

Hi Joel,

I can't help with any specific exampls right now but I remember a discussion on the other

forum about some manufactures using cores or frames from different makers. My memory

isn't so clear but I think this came up over a "Fr" marked cross. You might consider comparing your

"KO" to a "Fr".

Hello Gents,

I have several KO crosses but only tow not on bars, and they have different cores...one would have the dates up high and the 'W' is standing out more proud than the other one which has the dates down low..the crowns are different with the low date having a low crown and the high dated on the crown it sticking out more proud

Maybe the gents at 'KO' contracted out the core making and thusly they come from different sources...

Hmmm, food for thought....

Kind regards

Paul

Paul, definately seems plausible. A fellow forum member and I (Stevo) had the same conversation in regards to the possibility of KO having a multitude of different "sub-contracted" companies producing various cores for them. Now, it seems as though there are more of us confirming this suspicion. Thank you for your reply Paul.

Joel