News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new Italian Ribbon Bar.

left to right:-

1. Italian Order of Saint Maurice and Saint Lazarus (Commander),

2. Italian Order of the Crown of Italy (Grand Officer),

3. Italian Order of the Star of Italy (Commander)

Probably part of a larger set.

Many thanks Noor. :jumping:

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...

The colonial Order of the Star of Italy was instituted in 1914 and lasted till 1943. There were at the most 20 Commanders per year, so there are more or less 600 people with that ribbon.

Only one thing looks strange: there should be a crown over it and not a star.

Pls look here for the right one:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordine_coloniale_della_Stella_d%27Italia

Edited by claudio2574

I believe this is a mistake made after the end of kingdom, may be not by the owner of the ribbon bar.

Beore and during the war nobody would have used the stars: if any, all the crowns would have been changed. Actually there were stars used over the ribbon (for example for the ribbon of 40-43 war), but they were completely different.

After the end of kingdom actually the "marks" became stars, but in this case also all the marks would have been changed.

I can't imagine what happened in 43-45 in RSI. I think that nobody could have received the Star of Italy because there were no remaining colonies.