News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Gentlemen,

I would like to get some opinions about these two spanges. With the first one (6) bothers me the sloppy arangement of ribbons. The Franco-prussian medal should not be there, but this could be changed later and doesn't make it necessary bad. The other problem is the uneven wear and tear to medals - EK2 is quite soiled, but Hindi and Prussian war effort are almost mint. Is the combination possible at all?

The second one (Braunschweig) looks good to me, but I would like to get an opinion from ecpert members.

Thank you very much for your input.

Regards, Valter

Braunschweig bar is pretty fine in my opinion.

Württemberg bar might be okay as well - home made. Württembergers are said to be money-conscious. Instead of the 1870/71 medal, there should be - most likely - a Württemberg silver merit cross with swords. Anything else is fine, however I'm not sure if there should not be a higher grade of long service award?

Hi Gents,

even if put together by a money conscious gent the way the ribbon of the Prussian War Help Service Cross has been added looks dodgy to my eyes.

Is it me or is the placing of the Hindenburg Cross at number 4 incorrect?

The placing of the Württemberg Military Service medal to the end looks odd as well.

Kevin in Deva.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

even if put together by a money conscious gent the way the ribbon of the Prussian War Help Service Cross has been added looks dodgy to my eyes.

Is it me or is the placing of the Hindenburg Cross at number 4 incorrect?

The placing of the Württemberg Military Service medal to the end looks odd as well.

Kevin in Deva.

Kev, it looks like a pre-34 bar that has had the Hindy added by the owner.

Braunschweig bar is pretty fine in my opinion.

Instead of the 1870/71 medal, there should be - most likely - a Württemberg silver merit cross with swords.

Assuming that this is correct, and I agree that this is the most likely possibility, would the placing of the silver merit cross with swords ahead of the silver military merit medal be correct?