News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon bar question

Hi guys,

What to you think about these two bars, can it be the set or two different bars (picked them up from same place).

Also does anyone knows from what period Belgium Army start using this type of pin back ribbon bar? I presume mine is from 50s-60s but.

Kind Regards,

Timo

1892135712a5e6_l.jpg

The Belgium Army did no use any particular attach system.

Soldiers had to buy these themselves for local suppliers.

Every supplier had his own range of products, so there is no way to make a general guideline.

I would say both bars are from the same guy.

Your chap, was in the resistance during WWII, probably professional soldier following the war.

Last ribbon is the commemorative medal for the reign of King Albert 1, which was given from 1960 onwards.

Hope that helps,

Jan

Edited by Vatjan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Timo,

It seems that the two ribbon bars belong together. The blue ( medal Order of Leopold II ), red ( medal Order of the Crown ) and black/yellow/red ( military medal 1st class ) are medals you deserve when you serve some years in the military.

The other medals ( third and fourth ) are WWII medals and the last is indeed the commemorative medal for good and loyal service to King Albert I during 18 december 1909 en 18 februari 1934.

• 2 weeks later...