News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help me to identify one ribbon on medal bar

Hi everybody,

Here is a close up of one medal bar, I would like to have your comments on the 4th ribbon please.

After looking with great attention, I think this medal is the cross 4th class of Crown order of Prussia.

Thanks

Christophe

His name : Rittmeister Kurt Kloetzer from Flieger Abteilung 11. He wore the uniform of his prewar unit : Ulanen Regiment Nr. 18.

He received the cross 4th class of Crown Order of Prussia the 29 November 1913. That's all he had before the war.

I have found nothing about the knight cross with swords of House of Hohenzollern. For the moment I have found 174 saxon officers who received the HHO3X but no Kloetzer on my list.

Furthermore I have found no crown to add to his knight cross 1st class with X of Albert Order of Saxe. This is probably a postwar award, it's the only explanation.

Thanks for your help

Christophe

Hi,

Thanks Alex. It confirms what I think, for me the 4th ribbon is well for the KO4 and not for the HHO3X. I read the O'Connor's book vol. 3 about Kingdom of Saxe and in pp.106-107, Neal said that Kloetzer received the knight cross with X of Hohenzollern. New research proofs this is not the case.

About the crown on the SA3aX, like I said before it is possible that this crown has been received after the war, and it explains why we can't find it in saxon Albert rolls.

Christophe