News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

period-repaired 1914 ek1

part of my collection deals with crosses that have been repaired due to "over use". i like to think that these crosses, which were worn on a daily basis, have a bit of cachet to them in the sense that the owners took the time to have them repaired instead of discarding them and replacing them. they were (and still are) a sentimental reminder of actions that most likely required considerable personal initiative during very dangerous times.

anyways, here's my latest addition. very nice, well-defined magnetic core on the obverse

Hello Eric,

I too agree that a period repaired Iron Cross, or any medal for that matter shows a lot of character. The idea that the original medal was awarded (indirectly) by the Kaiser himself must have played greatly in any decision to have the medal repaired rather than simply purchasing a replacement.

Thanks for posting this interesting piece.

Regards

Brian