News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

help to ID patches

The one on the left is the 94th Squadron (Hat in Ring Squadron) was commanded by CPT Eddie Rickenbacker Americas Ace of Aces; the one on the right is for the Layette Espadrille; The other three are Coastal Artillery Corp Gunners to Mine Co the top and right one are 2nd Class Gunners and the one on the left is a 1st Class Gunner. All great looking patches.

Regards,

John

I had a friend who collect WW2 patches, when he look at the 94th Aero Squadron patch; he said that all of the 94th patches should be a round patch? He said that the 94th and the Lafayette Escadrille patch could be enlisted-men patches .Could he be right, do they appear original to you guys?

I'm not an expert, but the 94th Air Squadron patches look a little too well made to my eye to be WW1 era. The 94th has existed since WWI as a unit - and still exists today in the USAF; these could be from a later period or even be souvenir pieces. Considering the lineage and Rickenbacker connection, I'd expect a single original 94th Aero Sqdn WWI era patch to go for more than $70 a piece.

Like I said, I'm not an expert, but I think this falls into the too good to be true category.

Only one I can find online - and it's round. Looks a little more original, but then again; one never knows for sure. (Original site is an auction site with hidden "sold" prices.)