News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New find - Polish ribbon bar

Hi all,

Here is my long waited (post from States via Iceland because US post office sent it to there to find mystery place called Dublin btween icefields :cheeky: ) ribbon bar from Polish uniform.

I even don't know does those two should be together - I presume they do as stated by seller - came from the same uniform, but these are my very first Polish ribbon bars (or set) one way to other. Happy days!

- Medal for Warsaw 1939-1945 (Medal Za Warsawe)

- For Odre, Nysa and Baltic (Medal za Odre, Nyse i Baltyk)

- For Victory and Freedom (Medal Zwyciestwa i Wolnosci)

- Medal for Long Service, 20 years (Medal za Długoletnią Służbę)

198190216e4151_l.jpg

• 7 years later...

Hey Noor,

Can't open your photo, but those 4 medals would normally go together. The Warsaw, the Nysa and the Freedom were awarded to WWII veterans (in Soviet service) and if he stayed in the army until around 1965, he then would have gotten the 20 years too.

The only curious thing is, that if he stayed 20 in the army, then he would have picked up more medals along the way (at least long service 5 years and Long service 10 years). Those ribbon bars should have been present too.

Best regards Aahauge

• 8 months later...