News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Good Day for Research!

Sometimes some batches of research come back and they just aren't very exciting. Today... it was $1K well spent!

Here's the research that came in the envelope today:

- Red Banner to Comrade Gordienko - you can see the thread here on the forum :jumping:

- Citations, personnel file and service history to a General Lieutenant whose group I own (well, used to...) :cheers:

- OGPW 1 to a Major of Engineers who built forward airstrips and airfields as an aviation engineer

- OGPW 1 to a Lt Colonel who led an artillery regiment during fighting in the swamps of the Sivash (Crimea)

- OGPW 1 to a Guards Major the citation of whose is unreadable to me because of handwriting (agh!)

- OGPW 1 to a Guards Lt for fighting against the Germans as a tankist inside the city of Brig (Brik) in 1945

- OGPW 1 to a Guards Major of tank repair

- OGPW 1 to a Engineer Major who was the chief of material for the 8th Air Army

- OGPW 1 to an Ossetian rifles Lt. for fighting on Ritterstrasse in Berlin on 28 April 1945!

- Red Star to a Major of mechanized forces for the Defense of Leningrad in August 1942

- OGPW 1 to an Artillery Lt. for taking on 4 "Ferdinand" and two 2 tanks with his artillery piece outside of Kreshendorf.

- Homeland 3rd to a General Colonel and State Prize Laureate who was Chief of Staff of the Rear Forces of the Soviet Army for his part in "Osen-88" in 1988 (don't know what that was, but interesting!)

- And finally a highly classified citation for a medal "For Military Merit" to a Engineer Captain (later General Major) dated 1970! (Yep, a researched unnumbered one!)

Overall, a nice haul! Lots of translations to do!!! :cheers:

Dave

I had some research in that last shipment that left Russia a couple of weeks ago as well. Every night when I get home, I go right to the mail. Still no joy. Now that you guys in the East have yours, hopefully mine will bere in a couple of days unless the pony express is held up on the way to Arizona. Grrrrrrr.