News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Austro-Hungarian etui

marrauder

Hello gentlemen,

Can you tell me what is this etui for? I received Austrian bravery medal in it, large silver 1 class (not Henkeloese), but that medal - in my opinion - doesn´t fit to the interior perfectly.

Thank you in advance

..this is some kind of "universal" box made from cardboard. In such boxes you can see Jubilee crosses 1908, but also Jubilee medals 1898, bravery medals, I have also seen Mobilisation cross in it... In some of the cases you can also find name of the firm (see photo from my collection), but in some cases from Maurerer there is also "Jubiläums Kreuz" (see photo - from internet)...

Thanks for reply. Nice additional photos, mainly that Poszony (Bratislava) piece.

So I can leave big silver bravery medal where it has been. Happy to hear that.

Btw, was there any special etui for bravery medals?

I like the one from Bratislava too :) (I am from Slovakia)

I think there was no "original" box for bravery medals in which the medal was awarded... it was awarded "in field", so the boxes that are occasionally to see are bought later or were given as a gift (with a dedication on the lid) - IMHO...

Hi,

Your large silver medal can be „chilling“ there without any troubles. This is mine with golden (not very well made) handwriting saying “Tapferkeit 1849”. Unfortunately I do not have “correct” issue to put it in so my 1859-1866 version must be sufficient. As it was already written – this is some kind of “universal” box.

Bye,

<a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2905/p1010057yl.th.jpg'> p1010058ka.th.jpg