Help with Austro-Hungarian etui

marrauder

..this is some kind of "universal" box made from cardboard. In such boxes you can see Jubilee crosses 1908, but also Jubilee medals 1898, bravery medals, I have also seen Mobilisation cross in it... In some of the cases you can also find name of the firm (see photo from my collection), but in some cases from Maurerer there is also "Jubiläums Kreuz" (see photo - from internet)...

I like the one from Bratislava too :) (I am from Slovakia)

I think there was no "original" box for bravery medals in which the medal was awarded... it was awarded "in field", so the boxes that are occasionally to see are bought later or were given as a gift (with a dedication on the lid) - IMHO...

Hi,

Your large silver medal can be „chilling“ there without any troubles. This is mine with golden (not very well made) handwriting saying “Tapferkeit 1849”. Unfortunately I do not have “correct” issue to put it in so my 1859-1866 version must be sufficient. As it was already written – this is some kind of “universal” box.

Bye,

<a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2905/p1010057yl.th.jpg'> p1010058ka.th.jpg