News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new shell-what do I have?

Georg of Ohio

I got this shell in a trade from my buddy tonight, and need some help to ID it. It seem to be intact (w/out a charge),it is approx 10 1/2tall and approx 80mm in diameter. The Fuze is marked “LWMZ dr.2” and T.K.D.18. The top side of the shell is marked “2769” over “UU”. The center of the side of the shell is mark first line“1A”,second line “1483 round mark A 18”,third line “20 20 20”,fourth line SS UU ??. the side is also marked w/a letter N in black paint.The bottom side of the shell is marked “41.. the same round mark as above A A! 18 GGF 20 UU.I have look around on the web, but couldn’t find any information on it.

Thanks for the information,I have found additional information which I would like to share with you guys about this shell. It is German 7.6cm Minenwerfer. This model is the message type with a cylinder that would contain a smoke charge (to tell the point of impact?) The "N" means "Nachrichtenmine" = message shell. The “TKD 18” is the manufacturer of the fuze in 1918. All in all it is just a neat shell,being well marked, and for a $60 trade ,I am happy with it.

Edited by Georg of Ohio

• 6 months later...