News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Masonic badges and medals - Collector's books

Greetings! Hope there is no other topic on this subject, if there is, I ask the moderator to delete this one or to move the post. I would like to start a new topic for the collectors of masonic badges and medals. For start I'd like to recommend one of my favorites, the book of Trevor I. Harris - "The medals and jewels of British Freemasonry", probably well known for the British collectors. Those who don't know about this book, they should know that the book is hardcovered, has 140 pages and is fully illustrated. Well structured, great photos.

The second one is unknown for you, this was published in 2006 in Romania, with the contribution of the Ministry of Culture and Cults, The Romanian National Museum and....The Grand Orient of Romania. The name of the book is "Freemasonry Medals and Badges - History and Symbolism". Unfortunately the book is only in Romanian language, but is extremely well illustrated as you can see. The text is fabulous, presenting a history of the Freemasonry in the world and as well in Romania. I know that the links of the Romanian Freemasons and the Grand Lodge of England are not that tide, the Romanian Masonry is more connected with the French Masonry, despite of this the book is worthy. It has 210 pages (77 are illustrated), hardcover, A4 format.

The second one is unknown for you, this was published in 2006 in Romania, with the contribution of the Ministry of Culture and Cults, The Romanian National Museum and....The Grand Orient of Romania. The name of the book is "Freemasonry Medals and Badges - History and Symbolism". Unfortunately the book is only in Romanian language, but is extremely well illustrated as you can see. The text is fabulous, presenting a history of the Freemasonry in the world and as well in Romania. I know that the links of the Romanian Freemasons and the Grand Lodge of England are not that tide, the Romanian Masonry is more connected with the French Masonry, despite of this the book is worthy. It has 210 pages (77 are illustrated), hardcover, A4 format.

There is an exceptional Russian book produced in 2010, its ABEPC no 9 ISBN 978-5-7164-0581-3. It deals with world wide masonic insignia, well illustrated with text in Russian and English.

Well worth getting a copy.

All the best,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...

There is an exceptional Russian book produced in 2010, its ABEPC no 9 ISBN 978-5-7164-0581-3. It deals with world wide masonic insignia, well illustrated with text in Russian and English.

Well worth getting a copy.

All the best,

Paul

Thank you Paul for the information. Have you any idea where I can find it? (beside eBay)