News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Syrian Shoulder Sleeve Patch

Lion101

Hello everyone, I pick up this patch sometime ago and I was wondering what it say. I really need to brush up on my arabic but I know the bottom part say " Martyrs is the way of Victory" but does anyone know what the top say?

This is a very interesting piece of insignia. I dont think that the Syrians have a very large Navy. What makes this stand out as Syrian?

A photo that I seem a while plus I got this patch with a lot of other syrian insignia, and I mean alot. Also, the syrians as far as I know are the only middle eastern nation that use that plastic around their patches.

Awesome!! Can you please post your other Syrian insignia as well? Do you have any rank insignia?

From what period? I have a few caps as well. I have a officer's visor cap that found on the battlefield, a day after the Six Day War ended.

Edited by Lion101

Good evening from a 12C Riyadh - almost winter!

Left

• Top "Nation Honour Devotion" (I think grammatically the word is devotion although in this context it may be interpreted as loyalty)
    • Bottom "Military Driving (?) School"

Right

• Top " Nation Honour Devotion"
    • Bottom "Engineers or Engineering"

Regards,

Owain

Good evening from a 12C Riyadh - almost winter!

Left

• Top "Nation Honour Devotion" (I think grammatically the word is devotion although in this context it may be interpreted as loyalty)
    • Bottom "Military Driving (?) School"

Right

• Top " Nation Honour Devotion"
    • Bottom "Engineers or Engineering"

Regards,

Owain

Thank you again, and I hope your keeping warm. 12c at night?

Greetings from a dusty Riyadh - apologies for the delay in getting back - been in the midst of hosting a St.David's Day dinner with choir of nine flown in herer from North Wales!

Anyway with regard to the above six badges - the top half in all instances reads "Nation Honour Loyalty (or Devotion)" and the lower halves read left to right:

Communications (Signals) College

Training College

Maritime (Naval) College

Republican Guard

Civil Artillery College

Technical Affairs

I hope this assists.

Kind regards,

Owain

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings from a dusty Riyadh - apologies for the delay in getting back - been in the midst of hosting a St.David's Day dinner with choir of nine flown in herer from North Wales!

Anyway with regard to the above six badges - the top half in all instances reads "Nation Honour Loyalty (or Devotion)" and the lower halves read left to right:

Communications (Signals) College

Training College

Maritime (Naval) College

Republican Guard

Civil Artillery College

Technical Affairs

I hope this assists.

Kind regards,

Owain

Thank you for your help once again, Owain. I think you save me hours of research.