News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Militärpass and documments - help with translation

Hi,

Few days ago, some of you helped me with a letter found in a group of an Oldenburger WWI veteran.

Now, as I had promised, here is the whole set. It comprises his Militarpass, EKII certificate (issued in 1916), Wound Badge in Black (issued in 25.08.1918), Kyffhauserbund medal (issued on 22.02.1922) and the above mentioned letter regarding an hypothetical Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross 2nd. Class (24.05.1922). In addition the group also has his medal bar.

However, I need your help as I'm struggling with his Militarpass, not to avail. I could read that he served between 1896-1898 (what entitled him for the Centennial Medaille) e some time later. He was called again during WWI and served until the end of war. Some notes mention the light machine gun MG 08/15. But I would like to have a more precise account of his career.

I found his name and family on genealogy.net, but there is no entry about his date of death ( http://www.ortsfamilienbuecher.de/famreport.php?ofb=helgoland&ID=I15019&nachname=D%E4HN&lang=de ).

So, any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas.

Edited by Douglas Jr.

Lambert,

Obrigado, mas eu já resolvi o problema.

Estava pesquisando um pouco mais antes de por no nosso fórum.

Uma boa parte eu fiz por mim mesmo. Outra, um pessoal de outro fórum foi mais prestativo.

Aguarde lá no HMMB...

Abraços,

Douglas

Hi Douglas,

"Wehrmann" was the lowest rank in the "Landwehr". See also the document for the wound badge: "Wehrmann der Landwehr II. Aufgebot"

He served from 1896 - 1898 as Garde-Füsilier (see the first page).

After this time he changed to the Reserve (see page 2 in the Wehrpass, Entlassung:).

1904 he joined the Landwehr 1. Aufgebot (see page 7, now the rank is Wehrmann).

1909 he joined the Landwehr 2. Aufgebot (see page 7).

He never had a higher rank (see page 2, no entry in "Beförderungen")

Uwe