News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help for EK1 1939 "rounded 3" and Schinkel type

Hi,

I have these Two EK1 in my collection for some time.

I collect mostly WW1 Ek1 and Ek2, however i have few EK1 and Ek2 in my collection from 1939 period

For most of my EK1 from 1939 period i am sure that they are original.

However I need help for these two EK1

- Ek1 with rounded 3 I bought it long time ago from a dealer as an Original

-EK1 Schinkel Type also from a dealer, however Lately I have found out that he sells a lot of repro as originals.

I need also help for this 4th Class of the German Eagle it is marked on the pin 21 and 900

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Regards

Graf

The Schinkle is a Deumer. Can you post straight on pictures of the round 3 an bigger. Pictures taken at an angle and small does not give enough to determine if it is good or bad. Jim

Hi JIm R.

If you click on the pictures It will zoom the image

If it is not good Iwill try to get better ones

This is the 4th Class of the German Eagle- front view

Regards

Graf

Graf, if you don't own these two pass on both, if you do send them back. The round 3 has an original Deumer core but put into a new frame. The Schinkle is a Latavian fake that closely resembles a Deschler. Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the mail.

Well.... both are mine and i have to keep them since i bought them over 5-6 years ago, the period when i started collecting.

I am not surprised about the Schinkel EK I have suspected it all the time. Well, the dealer is gone He is the one who sold me the 4th Class of the Germa Eagle, which I also suspedt that it is a good fake I

Regarding the Round 3 Ek I am a little bit upset, because I did hope that it could be an original one.

Why did the bother to use Original core with a new frame. What has happened with the original frame?

It is soldered very nicely and there is no signg for resoldering or tempering.of the frame or the pin .. only the pin is assembled in a wrong way,,however I have seen this with originals from well known makers.

I will put all of them in my "experience" drawer with few more things i bought during this novice period.That is a period with minefields for any beginer.

All dodgy dealers like to pray on them. I can reassure you that I have not spent I fortune for them and at that time I believed that I had the bargain of the century.

I keep away from 1939 EKs ,unless the dealer is with a very good reputation and the EK is very well known

Kind regards

Graf

Graf. Post pictures before you buy this way you will find out if it is original. I have an L/10 screwback that was sold as original but the core had been changed out. I suspect it was because someone denatizied the crosss as the inner corners show damage. We live and learn everyday. Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the advice I got these two "rare' birds long before I was a member I was tricked into buying them only because I saw similar ones sold on "reputable" dealers sites for much more then I paid at the time Later on i found out that some deales knowingly or not sell repros as originals.

I will post pictures if i decide to buy new 1939 EKs I like the the Club because i can share information with other memebers ..and get advice as well.

Regards

Graf