News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schirmmütze Offizier Gebirgsjäger

• 3 months later...

Marc,

I've just come across your post - its a really lovely piece you have there, you could easily expect 1000 Euro if you ever decided to sell it. I do have one question, last week I posted a Gebirgsjäger NCO's Schirmmutze I recently bought. On folding out the sweat band I found on the reverse a green ink Gebirgsjäger Regt. 100 stamp.(as shown in the picture) I was wondering if you've looked at the reverse of the sweat band in yours? perhaps you may have a similar stamp? a joy to view. Regards

• 1 month later...

Hello AlecH,

No, my officer's example is not unit-marked, as it has been privately purchased by an officer. It is made of high quality 'Doeskin'.

Only dotation caps for enlisted and NCO's were unit-stamped.

However it is still possible to find an unit-stamped officer's cap if an NCO has been promoted to officer and chose to keep his Schirmmütze with just exchanging the NCO leather chin strap for an officer's silver cord one.

Talking now about prices : I'm not ashamed to say that I exactly paid 1.000 Euro for my Schirmmütze ... but that I had several much higher offers for it since (even before I posted it on the GMIC).

Anyway, my friends know and even reproach me (!) that "I'm almost never selling pieces of my collection" (except when I have two same items, and this is not the case here).

Sorry and all the Best,

Marc

Edited by Langemark

Hello AlecH,

No, my officer's example is not unit-marked, as it has been privately purchased by an officer. It is made of high quality 'Doeskin'.

Only dotation caps for enlisted and NCO's were unit-stamped.

However it is still possible to find an unit-stamped officer's cap if an NCO has been promoted to officer and chose to keep his Schirmmütze with just exchanging the NCO leather chin strap for an officer's silver cord one.

Talking now about prices : I'm not ashamed to say that I exactly paid 1.000 Euro for my Schirmmütze ... but that I had several much higher offers for it since (even before I posted it on the GMIC).

Anyway, my friends know and even reproach me (!) that "I'm almost never selling pieces of my collection" (except when I have two same items, and this is not the case here).

Sorry and all the Best,

Marc