News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The best Regiment in the Imperial Army

Agreed... 37th Reserve, 37th Füsiliers and 155th Inf are big favourites of mine (Am a bit of a 10th Res. Div. fan)... I like them because I have a bunch of documents to each of the regt... but the rest of the units in the div are not "as good"... because I have none of their docs ;-)

Hi Chris!

You said,on of your favourites is the 155th IR. Do you have personal informations about that unit? I ask because my grand-uncle served there as a Lt.d.Res. He was named in the regimental history for serving in 1916. But then he left the regiment, but where? I have an info, that he used to be in IR146, but the regimental history doesn´ t know his name... Neither the Reserve, nor the Ersatz units...

His name is Hugo Harhaus.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi Chris!

You said,on of your favourites is the 155th IR. Do you have personal informations about that unit? I ask because my grand-uncle served there as a Lt.d.Res. He was named in the regimental history for serving in 1916. But then he left the regiment, but where? I have an info, that he used to be in IR146, but the regimental history doesn´ t know his name... Neither the Reserve, nor the Ersatz units...

His name is Hugo Harhaus.

Thanks a lot in advance

He was wounded as a Gefreiter in 3./IR 155 in fighting between 10 and 14 February 1915. He became a Lt.d.R. in IR 155 on 5 April 1916. He was injured in an accident in 1917, but 1917 Verlustlisten don't include units. His personnel file as a Lehrer in Essen says he was a Kriegsfreiwilliger on 1 August 1914 and served in IR 155 and IR 146, leaving service on 1 January 1919.

He had the EK2, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer and presumably the Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen 2.Klasse since he started teaching in 1911, military time counted for years of service, and he was still teaching as late as 1942, the last date for which I have any information on him.

He was wounded as a Gefreiter in 3./IR 155 in fighting between 10 and 14 February 1915. He became a Lt.d.R. in IR 155 on 5 April 1916. He was injured in an accident in 1917, but 1917 Verlustlisten don't include units. His personnel file as a Lehrer in Essen says he was a Kriegsfreiwilliger on 1 August 1914 and served in IR 155 and IR 146, leaving service on 1 January 1919.

He had the EK2, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer and presumably the Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen 2.Klasse since he started teaching in 1911, military time counted for years of service, and he was still teaching as late as 1942, the last date for which I have any information on him.

Hello Dave!

These are very interesting news! Thank you very much!!!!!!!

I still have the personal files of the teacher´s association, but didn´t have the info about his company and that he was wounded between 10t and 14th 1915!!!!!.

From where do you have those infos, please? I also don´t have any infos about the decorations! What I don´t undersand is his time in IR146. He was a lieutenant, so he might have had an established post, right? But his name wasn´t shown in the regimental history of IR146.

Funny topic, because it is rather subjective. Nevertheless, my subjective favorite unit: the "Armeegruppe Gaede" and in particular the “Württembergisches Gebirgs-Bataillon”, later the "W. G. Regiment". The reason ? See my photo impression about their first base along the front where they were deployed, Rimbach Vosges. ( The first link about the forgotten General Gaede refers to my WFA lecture about the Tactical Significance of General Gaede) . Well, simultaneously it is clear , who my favorite German General is.