News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help in research of 2 German Officers

Hello,

I am in search of data (careerd dates, full names, etc...) of the following officers;

* Oberstleutnant Lederer (Commander of the Stab Lederer => Active in Tunesia during November 1942)

* Oberst Stolz (Commander of the Kampfgruppe Stolz => the follower of the Stab Lederer)

I presume that both officers are Heer, but besides their name i do not know much about them. Al Help is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Cordial greetings and thanks

I found this:

Oberst Hans-Wolfgang LEDERER born on Dec. 6, 1894 - died on July 7, 1985

Jan. 1, 1937 promoted to the rank of Major (In 1937 he took command of Pz.Abw.Abtl.6 - don't know his later assignments)

promoted to Oberst on March 1, 1942

Perhaps this may be of help:

Lederer: promoted Oberst (01-03-1942), in 1944 Kdr. Pz.Jäg.Abt. 6 (6. Inf.Div.); in 1939 as Major Kdr. Pz.Jäg.Abt. 6

Harald Stolz: promoted Oberst (01-05-1943), in 1944 on the Staff of 13. Pz.Gren.Div. As Obstlt and Kdr. Kradsch.Btl. 43 he was awarded RK (28-08-42)

Hello,

Thank you to both of you. I wil now have to check their Personalakte to check if these are the officers i am after. As the name of "Stolz' is rather common.

I'll keep you updated and additional info is always welcome.

Cordial greetings

• 2 months later...

Hello, Lederer was 39/40 (not 44 !) Kdr. PJA.6 as Major., 11.42 he was Kdt. of Bizerta (Tunisia) as Oberst, 4/5.43 he commanded PR.29 as Oberst. The other officer is "Ludwig" Stolz. Bye, Rossano