News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Only modern, folding, versions. If it were WWI vintage, would it not be likely that it was a local fabrication vice factory manufacture?

No, its is a very definate factory piece. I will have pics of it in a day or so. Must have been very hard to make in the form... watch this space...

Best

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Chris,

This is a German Ersatz model. I have seen several of them over the years. I've got a photo of one in a collection and a guy was selling one on the WA forum a couple of years ago.

Chip

• 4 months later...

Thank you Chris

The only part of the stamp I can make out on the cover is Bielefeld they appear to be two patterns of this all steel spade, with folded spot welded ears and one without as the first one shown.The ball,shaft and tang are separate and welded, when finished ground smooth and commonly painted field/grey sometimes black.

Regards

Eric

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

They are like the weather on ebay pricewise, quite scarce but people don't seem bothered,, in general ebays are mainly hunting grounds for helmet hunters.

Eric

ps I've a fellow after my ersatz cover only, he already has a steel spaten I hate to ask but need some advice Gents what would you do? I paid a lot for it but that's my problem. I'm getting a little tired of collecting and just want to concentrate on my mg gear,,,,,thoughts? I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Hoss

Eric,

Perhaps he can find you something MG with which to trade? I think it is better than money to have more eyes out there focused on what you want since it is all starting to become quite dificult to find, particularly specific items, unless you go to dealers.

Just a thought!

Jock :)

Eric,

I can solve your problem. So you don't have to split the spade and cover, I'll take them both! :love:

Chip

Sorry Chip the cover has gone I can't hold on to items it seems,,, always been my problem I have to buy something else to keep the spark glowing. Love soon turns to just another item on a shelf call em short romances lol!

I still have the spade I may need it !!

Eric

• 1 year later...