News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I could get these original period ribbons from?

Hesse-Darmstadt..........General Honor Decoration "For Bravery"

Lippe-Detmold..............War Merit Cross 2nd Class

Mecklenburg-Strelitz.....Cross for Distinction in War, "Brave and Loyal"

Schaumburg Lippe.......Cross For Loyal Service 2nd Class

Schwarzburg................Silver Medal for Merit in War 1914

Edited by Alan

Hello Alan

I don't where there is a steady source of original period ribbons either. It has always been hit-or-miss with me.

In my opinion, the medals don't have to be on OEM ribbon. Modern replacement ribbon is acceptable to most collectors and doesn't detract from the value (probably because they can be removed as easily as they are put on). It certainly helps with how the medals look. I recently purchased some replacement ribbons because I didn't like how the medals looked without them.

If you must have original period ribbons...I would keep searching through the dealer sites -regularly and often. And maybe send an email as well.

Good Hunting!

Hello Alan

I don't where there is a steady source of original period ribbons either. It has always been hit-or-miss with me.

In my opinion, the medals don't have to be on OEM ribbon. Modern replacement ribbon is acceptable to most collectors and doesn't detract from the value (probably because they can be removed as easily as they are put on). It certainly helps with how the medals look. I recently purchased some replacement ribbons because I didn't like how the medals looked without them.

If you must have original period ribbons...I would keep searching through the dealer sites -regularly and often. And maybe send an email as well.

Good Hunting!

Hello Claudius,

You are right they do look alot better with the ribbon, but for me I would rather have original, keep everything period. So I will continue the hunt.

Edited by Alan

Tim has offered replacement ribbons only.

So at the very least I have a fallback option.

Oh, too bad. Over the years, I have gotten quite a number of ribbons from him, with some difficult to find ones among them; but I guess that they were modern replacements.

Well, if all else fails...