News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Battle of Britain groupings for sale

Hi fellas. I tried posting this before but no luck. I know someone who collected WW2 British, Canadian and some German aviation awards, etc. during the 50s, 60s and 70s. Included are extensive documented groupings to pilots who fought during the Battle of Britain. He has expressed a desire to sell them for quite some time. I collect Soviet stuff and it is a minefiled out there for buying or selling. I told him to post his stuff on a forum and also to find reputable auctioneers/buyers. Can any of you recommend the latter?

I'm kinda lost as to how to help him and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks,

A

Aurelius - whilst we will be very pleased to see pictures of the collection, it would seem that - as a collector - he

already has his research in place.

There are a number of important auctioneers who he should be considering. I will llist them and he should make

contact. Aviation groups - and, particularly Battle of Britain - are valuable. He should discuss commissions to

see if they will make a lower rate for such valuable items.

The auctions I would recommend - all of whom speciaise in medals are :

Bonhams

Spinks

Bosley

Wallis and Wallis

Dix,Noone and Webb

He should be able to find them on line by adding .com

We will look forward to seeing some of the groups and meanwhile,

please tell your friend to contact us if there is any other way we can help ?

Mervyn

Thank you gentlemen very very much for the information! I have forwarded this link to the owner of the items. Hopefully, he will respond soon.

Many thanks again!

A

ps Paul, you got that Red Banner research back yet??