News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Was scanning the classifieds yesterday and saw a medal for sale I remembered having as well.

Just checked the box and here it is.

Before yesterday I did not know what it is.

Now googeled it based on the info in the classified and it is the Wurttemberg Kriegsdenkmunze for Faithfull Service in two campaigns (between 1793 and 1815).

This seems to be the earliest (1840) version and privately gilded?

I was wondering if there is a typo in the price of the classified or are these really that rare?

(that is the later variant for one campaign).

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

If you're referring to the same medal I found in the classified, the difference is easily explained: yours is for the veteran of Napoleonic wars, while the other one - with the smaller "W" - is for the camapaigns of 1848.

The latter are extremely rare, while the older ones aren't. Though a nice one... :)

If you're referring to the same medal I found in the classified, the difference is easily explained: yours is for the veteran of Napoleonic wars, while the other one - with the smaller "W" - is for the camapaigns of 1848.

The latter are extremely rare, while the older ones aren't. Though a nice one... :)

The 1848 smaller "W" would look like this -