News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Could I have opinions on this dynamite document and an idea of the market value .It is accompanied by the letter of the guy who liberated it .It is signed by Adolf in ink and just to the right below Neederland is H.Himmlers intial (two h's with a stripe through)in a blue type pencil?The eagle is embossed on the letterhead.

It looks really kosher to me .http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2012/post-13922-0-03047800-1341440637.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2012/post-13922-0-36034200-1341440746.jpg

Firstly, 'Nederland' is spelt incorrectly on the front. Secondly the Nederland division was established in February 1945. In October 1943 4.SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenader-Brigade was established when the Nederland Legion was upgraded, so for the date shown on the paper the unit designation is totally wrong. Between 4.SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenader-Brigade and 23 SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division 'Nederland' there was SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Brigade 'Nederland' so all in all I have my doubts. And I have my doubts about the Hitler signature as well.

Hucks,

Thanks for the feedback .I have also done a bit of research and discovered that the SS Freiwilligen Panzer Grenadier Brigade Nederland was formed on 19/7/43 and the 4.SS Freiwilligen Panzer Grenadier Brigade was formed in Nov 1943 (From Europaische Freiwillige by Ertel/Schulze )Would you agree with that?

In German Niederland is the correct spelling but in older German Neederland might be correct .?

I will try to get better photos of signature.

Is there anybody that could verify the typestyles from Hitlers typewriter? Compared to other documents on Der Fuhrer letterhead.

Any idea of value should the doc be real?

Thanks again

It's not just the spelling but the unit designation. 4.SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenader-Brigade but the document has the incorrect designation of 4.SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenader-Division.