News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just a little something

This one was offered on eBay few months ago. Nearly no one was interested in buying the cross without ribbon ring, so I took it without any mentionable fight. AWS/Juncker third core cross.

Edited by marrauder

...and the little surprise. When it came, I noticed the maker´s mark "J" on the small ring, the fact that was not mentioned in original eBay listing. What do you think, is it original, or later add on to increase the value (which in fact didn´t happen this time)?

Hi,

that is indeed a fine looking cross. I have a few with stamps like that as well.

It is not easy to remove one of those rings, they dont just fall off.

I always think that they were removed by tailors and then they could sew the cross onto the bar through this loop. After they are mounted on a bar the ring is not needed anyway, remove rings over a period of time and you have a certain small amount of silver...

Interesting observation, Chris. I thought that the reason why this ring was easily lost is that AWS/Juncker didn´t usually weld their ribbon rings and left them open. But your explanation makes sense as well.

Miro