News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aviation

I thought this might be a great place to share aviation collectable from the First World War. Aviation was one of the true firsts in World War I, and it is amazing to see how the aircraft and technology changed from 1916 to 1918. I know there are several of us that collect aviation related articles, if you have anything to share please do.

Chris L

Just ignore Chris B. He's just upset that he can't fit his Fokker triplane into the garage. :banger:

I agree that aviation is often ignored by WWI enthusiasts caught up in the muddy details of trench warfare. OTOH, the very first military adventure/history book I ever read was about "Renfrew of the Mounted [Police], who left off chasing criminals around frozen northern Canada to fly a Sopwith Camel against the dastardly Hun. :jumping: I think I was ten!

As you say, the advanxces in technology fuelled by the air war are hard to overemphasize. I'd be quite interested in some shots your collection, even the ragged canvas, as I'm sure others would be as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!! It is coming I promise!! I posted this, wrote up a draft to post, then......well lets say I am easily distracted. :( Work has been killer, and I forgot about this thread.

Will post it this weekend I promise.

"ragged bit of canvas???" You wound me sir!! That would be like calling your Jager uniforms a "moldy dishrag" :)

Here's a bad preview.

ragged bit of canvas.....lol