News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I was never quite sure if the EK2 doc was not an add on... no real reason i could put my finger on, it was just so ÜBER - Sexy.

I ran it by Hüsken about a decade ago and he pushed cash in my hand, so it was probably good.

Should of trusted your gut instinct and took his money - it's a fake add-on as you suspected.

And I have serious doubts about the promotion document as well.

Edited by hucks216

Should of trusted your gut instinct and took his money - it's a fake add-on as you suspected.

And I have serious doubts about the promotion document as well.

Well, then I am relieved to say the offer was enough to make me accept right away, unfortunately this has probably changed hands 10 times since then.

What dont you like on the Promo? I had not even taken notice of that one.

best

Chris

I have nothing about that era of the SS in my library so I can't determine who the signature is, or is supposed to be, but it just doesn't look right. That's just a gut feeling so I might be wrong. However the EK citation is a definite fake and I wouldn't mind assuming that the EK citation and promotion document were added to the other two to beef up the price.

I have nothing about that era of the SS in my library so I can't determine who the signature is, or is supposed to be, but it just doesn't look right. That's just a gut feeling so I might be wrong. However the EK citation is a definite fake and I wouldn't mind assuming that the EK citation and promotion document were added to the other two to beef up the price.

Possible,

Like I said, I went to Hüsken at a show to have him look at it (was 50/50 on the ek doc) and he traded me cash for it. I was happy for the money, but sorry to loose such a great group.... now in retrospect, a very mean "Whew!"

It does however make me think... We often accuse dealers of selling fakes, but in this case he must really have believed, because he paid good money for it...

Promo docs are always just fluff for me ;.-)

Possible,

Like I said, I went to Hüsken at a show to have him look at it (was 50/50 on the ek doc) and he traded me cash for it. I was happy for the money, but sorry to loose such a great group.... now in retrospect, a very mean "Whew!"

It does however make me think... We often accuse dealers of selling fakes, but in this case he must really have believed, because he paid good money for it...

Promo docs are always just fluff for me ;.-)

Just shows that even dealers need to do their homework when it comes to paperwork. I know of a dealer recently who bought a single KvK citation from some source for a lot of money (more then it was worth anyway) and listed it for something like 275 Euros thinking the signature on it was that of Wilhelm Keitel. The signature was in fact of that of his brother Bodewin and the rank given under the signature was General der Infanterie. If he had of just done a basic search he would of found out that Wilhelm was a General der Artillerie, not Infanterie, and in fact by the date on the citation Wilhelm had been a Generalfeldmarschall for something like 2 years! The dealer ended up having to alter the price down to 100 Euros on which he was making a loss.

The Wilhelm/Bodewin thing seems to be a common mistake. There is a thread on the WAF where someone seems to of made the same mistake and his comment when he was told the truth made me chuckle - "Thanks for the help with the doc, i didnt know Keitel had a brother who was a general, i thought it was a joke."

Just a simple bit of background research was all it needed.

Promotion documents are one of those douments that I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to buy but they can be a good way to get some decent signatures from Adolf Hitler down to Fighter Aces for a relateively decent price.

Edited by hucks216

I bought a WW1 group from Weitze once, pretty decent group, I would never have split it, but the price was high because of a Promotion with Blomberg signature.

I said to KB, "noone gives 2 tids about the guy", he agreed, and we agreed the group should not be split, but he gave me an ok discount as we agreed that the Blomberg signature was a millstone around the groups neck.

Do we have a Promo doc thread??

Strange you should ask that as I was going to start one last night but couldn't be 100% certain if there was already one or not.

Blomberg crops up quite a lot now on pre-war promotion citations as he seems to of authorised or counter signed a fair percentage of them.

EDIT: I've just done a search using the word 'Promotion' and it seems that there are a few threads where a promotion citation has been posted and while someone tried to start a dedicated Promotion Citation thread in 2005 it only attracted one extra post. So in effect, no we don't have a current one but I can just bring the 2005 one back to the top for others to add theirs to.

Edited by hucks216

Sounds good, i dont have many, but I will look see what I have... Maybe we can join the threadfs that have them?

I've just brought the old one back tot he top by adding one. I'll leave merging the old threads for now as I seem to have an intermittent problem with Mod edit rights at the moment.