News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Huge document lot of a police officer from Boxer Rebellion to WWII

.... hhmmm I mentioned earlier, that I´m missing the China Denkmünze citation, but how do I know, when it was awarded?!?!?!?

....... Because I have his diary, which he wrote during his service in China!!!! It´s very interesting and a first hand report of his experiences there.

Just remember, he came from a small german village in East Prussia from a farmers family and was able to see a lot of the world!!!

I hope you like it!!

I have a few more documents, like his Arbeitsbuch or Kleiderkarte.

Edited by turtle

That is one bombastic group indeed !

Did you pick the pieces together, or get it all in one lot?

I really like the photo of him in the police uniform with the EK ribbon.

I got it all in one great lot. I did a little additional research on him, I´ll show it soon!!

I requested his service rolls from the Deutsche Dienststelle (WAST). They informed about his rank: Meister der Gendarmerie and that he was awarded the Kriegsverdienstmedaille on 01.09.1944. I also got a copy of his NSDAP membership card from the Federal Archives (Bundesarchiv), he joined the NSDAP in 1932. In 1926 he lived at Herzog-Albrechtstraße 8 in Heiligenbeil (East Prussia).

Edited by turtle

His diary is possibly the most interesting part in this lot, it describes the assembling of his unit for China, the sea travel, also the daily life in China, his combat experience ......

Only thing that makes me sad is, that his medalbar was sold! :( It would´ve been a real gem for my collection.

I have a few other documents of him, I could show if anybody would be interested in seeing them.

His police service listed from 01.04.1908 to 01.04.1932. His last rank was Landjägermeister

He was appointed as Bezirkskommissar on 01.10.1934. Unfortunately I have no other information about this appointment and his tasks.

Now it becomes a little odd:

The only job mentioned is his Arbeitsbuch. From 01.07.1939 to 31.08.1939 he worked at a Strandkorbverleih (beach chair renting).

Maybe to make some extra cash while in retirement?!?!

Edited by turtle

• 7 months later...