News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austro-Hungarian General Officer buttons

filfoster

Does anyone know of a source for late-era Austro-Hungarian general officer buttons, the ones worn on the 'German' everyday pike grey tunic or the white gala tunic? These are not overtly 'military' at all but I have not been able to find a single one that is unattched to a uniform.

I am attempting to replicate the German dienstrock and need at least one to make others.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Nada? This demonstrates the difficulty of finding what is essentially a very 'ordinary' looking button.

I had the same trouble finding French and Italian general officer buttons-it took half a decade! (Still looking for British Field Marshal KC buttons and Admiral of the Fleet buttons).

If any members have even a single example of this button that they are willing to sell, please contact me.

Moderators: I hope this post does not violate any rule against solicitation or outright whiney begging within this forum. P

Edited by filfoster

• 7 months later...

Perhaps you would be better off asking this question on a Historical Reenactment forum of the appropriate Country and Era as those of us who recreate the clothing and uniforms of the past tend to have or know where to find these items.

Guest Rick Research

Or better yet-- show what the button looks like that you are looking for. I'd have said the exposed metal buttons were all PLAIN, but then my interst is WW1 when either NO buttons show or they could even be civilian types on field uniforms.