News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early Boxes for Red Cross Medals

JapanX

Yes, it seems safe to say that this is an "original" type of case used for this medal....no??

Here's a similar kanji marked piece - note the faded color of the stripes on both the medal ribbon and rosette, but the actual color remains intact on the backside of the rosette - like exposure to something faded the stripes but the back was protected somehow. The construction seems very similar between the two. Note one ineresting difference (well interesting to me anyway!) - the thread on the ribbon rosette in the first specimen is RED and the other one, and the one Nick shows is blue! I know, I tend to focus on odd, and insignificant things.....HA! ;)

The second one is a better example as the colors of the stripes are not faded (or at least uniform). In neither example is the rosette hallmarked. Sorry, the lighting isn't great in the photos.

• 1 month later...