News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Eisen fur Gold

Ralph,

Most interesting, especially with the original box. Do these rings and chains turn up frequently? I have seen hundreds of the iron medal for giving up gold and jewellery for the war effort.

I wonder if there was ever the case of a wife saying "You did what with my wedding ring!"

Paul

Ralph - a very interesting subject - and one that I was not aware of. Many appeals were made to the British public to

surrender jewellery and large amounts were collected for the war effort. However, to give an iron ring in exchange was a

brilliant publicity thought. You hand over a small fortune - but feel good about it as you have something to show for

your patriotism.

I wonder if any others can add to Ralph's items ?

The watch fob (I think that's what it is) is quite common. I've also seen a few rings in two different styles but never in a box. Do you know if they came in that box or if it was a later addition? They look great.

Tony

I think you are right Tony, with the watch fob - when you look carefully you would see it could hang from the watch in

front of the waistcoat. Doesn't look long enough to be a bracelet.

I think this is a different subject and it will be nice if others can add.

Ralph - we used to spell it your way - I think it is now a plurality ? Mervyn