just bought helmets

Hello and Good Morning Blueman.....

Helmet on the right: Officers / Post 1902 / Pre 1952 / Life Guards

Plume is silghtly wrong should also cover front and not swept back.......

4849350234_6e55960ac0_z.jpg

Cannot make out badge on helmet on the left..... Take a look here.....

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=life+guards+helmet&qpvt=life+guards+helmet&FORM=IGRE

Mike

Edited by QSAMIKE

• 3 months later...

Hello and Good Morning Blueman.....

Helmet on the right: Officers / Post 1902 / Pre 1952 / Life Guards

Plume is silghtly wrong should also cover front and not swept back.......

4849350234_6e55960ac0_z.jpg

Cannot make out badge on helmet on the left..... Take a look here.....

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=life+guards+helmet&qpvt=life+guards+helmet&FORM=IGRE

Mike

Hello Gentlemen,

Please note that the Garter on the Bues and Royal officer's helmet (red plume) is turned upside down. It could easily be reaffixed by unscrewing the helmet plate and re-put the central piece in its right position.

Jean-Sam.

From my own collection:

- Princess Charlotte of Wales's Dragoon Guards officer's helmet 1847 pattern (photo with any without flash);

- 2nd Life Guards Victorian officer's helmet 1871 pattern.

I know nothing about the source of these and not much more about the helmets but a good friend of mine sells some quite nice replicas of this style - Blues and Royals, I think - turned out 'over there'. Good workmanship but the plumes aren't real horse hair for because its too hard to get across the border. :angry:

Have already seen one of the repops [pretty sure] being sold as real on a dodgy web site. Caveat emptor! :shame:

I would have said the Crown on both was the King Edward - and therefore QE2. Mervyn

This time I was refering to Blueman's helmets. Still, I am not particularly satisfied with the white plume on the 1847 Dragoons helmet. It looks like a replacement from another post-1870ish Household Cavalry's helmet.

Regarding the ones with Edwardian Crowns (QE2) I would keep away from them. From what I can see from the picture, I like neither the top of their spikes and their so-called "horsehair" nor the "roundish" look of their front visors.

Jean-Sam