News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help again, this time from lebanon. Insignia?

Hello everyone, once again. This time I need a little more help once again. I just got back from lebanon and I was visiting a good friend who was able to find me. A few piece of militaria.

He told me that the first two insignias were Syrian but I forgot what he said the thrid one is. Would anyone happen to have anymore information on any of the items?

Could the bottom be Lebanese? looks a bit like a half cedar tree on the sword. The right hand looks almost Saudi with the green and the scimitars. The left could be any navy with the fouled anchor.

Paul

First impression, off the top of my head: the winged arm with sword is for sure French [Paras, I think] and the cedar tree is Lebanese, so I'm guessing the badge was made up in country for some group of French troops stationed there during one of the many periods in the last half century when international troops were there to 'peace keep".

Locally made patches are very common for UN troops, especially in the Mid-east it seems, and often have some odd juxtapositions of devices and symbols. Recently saw one with French symbols and a dove - maybe on the British badge Forum? - which the savants IDed as theatre made for peacekeeping troops. Unfortunately, by their very nature, these badges are very poorly documented. :angry:

Hello Everyone, Thanks so far for replying. I have been doing som research and still nothing on any of the insignia. I am happy to learn that the black with the ceder tree is most likely french but what about the other two?

Also do any of you know of a time period for these insignias?

• 3 months later...

Hi

The first two are syrian for sure. The third one was used by the Lebanese Forces during the civil war, however more recent (late 80s-till 90). Lebanese forces as military faction is illegal so it turned to be a political party now-a-day.

The Lebanese forces created many Patches and Badges mixing French paratrooper, English SAS, Italian Floglore special forces, and German Nazi. These are found occasionally on eBay sold from Spain, France, Belgium, and occassionally from the USA.

I am a collector of these insignia and researching them.