News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1/72 Metal Aircraft WWII

Dolf

• Replies 107
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opps-to much haste and not enough speed.

Thanks Dolf-that is very reasonable

Yes it is! Usually as you probably kinow those more famous manufacturers sell them for much more! So given the quite correct quality it's indeed a fair price!

These are heavy, nicely made and pretty well detailed for this scale so that's enough for me :love:

Only nine more for the collection to be complete.

Then maybe I'll get a couple of others not in this collection from a major manufacturer, such as the Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet and the Messerschmitt Me 210 or 410 Hornisse.

Best,

Dolf

Cheers Thanks for that . I am glad that you mentioned the weight, that is always, in my opnion, important in a good model.

Right when I was starting to take a few pics of some other birds the batteries of my camera went down so will have to wait a few hours before they recharge...

So will post some more pics later.

Cheers,

Dolf

Stephen,

Just a few.

Starting with a couple of what I believe wouldn't be commonly considered particularly attractive birds.

Still nice on their own way after all.

This one is the Henschel Hs-129 (Germany)

Dolf

A special one for that epoch. Probably the fastest aircraft of WWII I suppose. Fortunatelly for the Allies this bird only became fully operational in the summer of 1944 and was only produced in limited numbers.

The Messerschmitt Me-262 A-1a (Germany)

Dolf

One that had some success during the campaign of Poland, but was considered a disaster during the Battle of Britain, as he couldn't win against the Sptifires or even the Hurricane.

The Messerschmitt Bf 110 E-1 (Germany)

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

And last one for tonight, an American aircraft but painted with the colors of Finland, where this one served.

This particular aircraft was flown by Captain Jorma Karhunen.

On August 14 he shot down two Soviet Hurricane in a single combat and three days later he shot down three Polikarpov I-16.

Originally there was a swastica painted on both sides of the airplane next to its number, but I guess the European laws forbid to have it painted now.

The Brewster B-239 Buffalo (USA)

Dolf

• 1 month later...

Dolf,

These models are super thanks for sharing them and posting some more images, Now the hunt begins!!!

Thanks Stephen.

Got # 43 today, so only 7 for having the collection complete! :jumping:

Dolf

Here is the Soviet Ilyushin IL-2 Sturmovik. A mythic bird!

This one was flown by Comrade Captain A.N. Yefimov, during the 1944-1945 winter on East Prussia.

I believe he was a Soviet Ace and a Hereo of the SU, destroying 126 tanks, 3 enemy aircraft in dogfights, and 85 on the ground, 30 trains, 193 artillery guns and 43 anti aircraft batteries! Wow! :cheers:

Dolf

Dolf

Very nice collection! I am curious about the company who produces these. are they going to produce any bombers for this range? Do they only do WW2? I looked at their website but I did not see any other eras.

Regards,

Mark

Dolf

Very nice collection! I am curious about the company who produces these. are they going to produce any bombers for this range? Do they only do WW2? I looked at their website but I did not see any other eras.

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

I believe that right now they only have these aircraft. Notice that there are a couple of bombers among them.

They have a lot of different miniatures (and other kind of things) collections right now, cars (rally cars, classic cars, taxis, combat cars, etc...), motocycles, books, dogs, you name it... but as far as I can see only this aircraft collection at least for the moment. No idea what they will have in the near future!

Rather than using their Spanish site for which I believe I posted the link above I use their Poirtuguese site instead as those are the collections going out here: http://www.planetadeagostini.pt/index.php

Just click on "coleccionismo" on the top of that page, you'll see what kind of collectibles they have.

Best,

Dolf

Dolf

Thank you for the link. You were not kidding that they carry a little bit of everything! Do you know if these can be purchased individualy or do you have to subscribe to the whole series? Have you ever seen any of the other lines in person? I am curious as to the quality of the tanks and the different lines ot toy soldiers they produce.

When I mentioned bombers I was thinking more along the line of heavy bombers - B-17, B-24, Lancasters.... Some seaplanes would be interesting too - Grummans, PBY5s,....

Regards,

Mark

Dolf

Thank you for the link. You were not kidding that they carry a little bit of everything! Do you know if these can be purchased individualy or do you have to subscribe to the whole series? Have you ever seen any of the other lines in person? I am curious as to the quality of the tanks and the different lines ot toy soldiers they produce.

When I mentioned bombers I was thinking more along the line of heavy bombers - B-17, B-24, Lancasters.... Some seaplanes would be interesting too - Grummans, PBY5s,....

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yeah, a lot of different stuff indeed :P

Yes, anything can be purchased individually, you don't need to subscribe the entire collection.

I'm collecting the whole WWII aircraft series, but I also occasionally buy individual pieces from other series, as the Tintin cars series or the "Os nossos queridos carros" (Our dear cars) series, see for example this other thread, Posts #24 and #25, where I posted a couple of these: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4536...=20entry75719

These are sold in every "kioske" so one can get only each individual piece we are interested in. Or arrange things with the owner of the "kioske" to always keep/save one for you if you interested in buying the whole collection.

I haven't bought no tank because I find them a bit too small (1/72 scale) and also because we can't have everything and have to make choices :cheeky: So I can't say much about their quality, I think they are not metal miniatures as the aircraft. They announce them somewhere in their site as made of "injected plastic" (whatever that is!) and metal! Not 100% sure what that means!

As for the different toy soldiers they do have quite a few indeed! I have none of these either. Now that I checked what they have I notice some are indeed quite attractive! As far as I can read all these toy soldiers series are made of lead (?), you know the only metal Superman can't see through it with his X Ray vision :D

I see what you mean for (real) bombers ;) Well, as far as I know they don't have these now, but never knows what's next.

Ok, hope it helps.

Regards,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

• 2 weeks later...

The collection is growing, only 6 to go.

So just a few more pics of some of those I haven't posted yet.

Starting with the only Soviet already received but not yet posted.

The Yakovlev Yak-9. This one was flown by Commander Ivan N. Stepanenko (33 confirmed kills and 8 not confirmed), of the 4th Fighter Regiment.

Kursk, Summer 1943.

Dolf